If you’re questioning about the followings, you are in the right place:
- How to beat Instagram algorithm?
- How brands can survive the Instagram algorithm?
- Why has my Instagram engagement dropped?
- Why does my Instagram engagement drop?
- What is the best time to post on Instagram?
- How to increase Instagram views?
- How to increase Instagram engagement?
You may have noticed that your Instagram hasn’t scored much lately. Even though you keep posting content frequently everyday but still, it’s not as engaging as before.
You are not alone anyway, many of us have experienced the drawback.
And if you’re wondering what the heck is going on, it’s the Instagram algorithm, the backbone that manage how your content and engagement works.
Let’s go through these 5 key factors to understand how the algorithm works and how you can utilize them into your social media strategy.
The algorithm will arrange your posts based on:
- The one you interact with, including like, comment and post being saved
- The Stories you view.
- The post you’re tagged in.
The more you engage with the post, the higher it will appear in you feed.
2. Post great content
Great content means visually striking image or video and useful post that is enjoyable or offer benefit to people.
There’s no denying that great content gets more likes, comments and shares throughout Instagram.
3. Consistent stories
Though its lifespan is short, only 24 hours, but stories draw more eyes into your account and feed as well.
So, post your story consistently to push up your Instagram account’s visibility.
4. Post more videos
It’s a no-brainer that video grabs more attention than photo.
Instagram algorithm has been eyeing on video content lately through feed, stories and IGTV. IGTV is now appearing on your followers’ feeds, signaling that it wants more videos produced by content creator.
It doesn’t have to be professionally produced video anyway. A simple boomerang video or time-lapse could bring magic to your engagement.
5. Leverage insight
Instagram provides insight for you to evaluate. You can learn which post engages more, what time serves better and other metrics you can use to analyze.
But you need to change your account into business account or content creator account to access the features.
What to do next?
Now that you know what works behind the Instagram algorithm, here are 4 tips you can do:
- Build more interaction and relationship with your followers such as commenting on their posts, view their videos, etc.
- Post quality contents and encourage people to engage with it
- Create and post more video
- Post frequently during times that engage most.
Do you experience downfall on your engagement rate? What have you done to grow your account? Share your stories to survive the Instagram algorithm in the comment below. I’d love to hear from you.
Wahidin Wong is a digital marketer at Adkomu.com and an editor at Tobeeko.com. He is also a jazz and bossa lover.