Brand needs marketing. The right marketing to bring its face upfront. To make it obvious in the world that is very crowded already. Everyone simply wants to stand out.
The biggest question is, what would you do to make your brand seen?
Working on market research? Boosting social media? Acquiring services from influencers? Placing digital ads on Google?
There are a lot that you can do in term of marketing strategy.
But before you begin, do remind yourself about the essence of marketing.
Marketing is all about Values.
You need to lay back one step, try to figure out and understand the value of your brand.
What do you sell?
What do you want people to portray when seeing your brand?
And most importantly, what does your brand stand for?
Now, what is this value that is so important?
Try to understand these.
- Coffee is Starbucks, not Starbucks is coffee.
- Shoes is Nike, not Nike is shoes.
- Smartphone is iPhone, not iPhone is smartphone.
What do they mean?
- When you want a cup of coffee, you think of Starbucks.
- When you think of buying shoes, you want a Nike.
- When you need a phone, you get an iPhone.
In other words,
- Value is something you stand for. It is the principle you shouldn’t forget no matter what.
- Value is the reason that keeps you passionate all the time, make you persistent and create the strength to survive any hardship.
- Value will determine whether your business is going to grow and succeed.
- Value is the core of every path your business should take.
- And value is also the destination, whatever your marketing strategy is.
Technology moves so fast, resulting in an ever-changing world. It is so dynamic that it could make us exhausted, simply to keep up with its non-stop evolution.
Marketing a brand today is not the same as years ago. It requires much more time, energy and cash. It’s also far more competitive. That’s why values are becoming more important each day.
That’s also why you need to think, understand and declare your values from the beginning.
Marketing is not just about generating sales. It is far beyond than that. Marketing is about creating a strong brand and its value proposition in a long term. And if done well, marketing has the capabilities to build customer loyalty and ensure business success.
Wahidin Wong is a digital marketer. He is also a jazz and bossa lover.