Communication is an important factor to close a deal with a prospect, but many people are struggling to start a conversation.
Are you one of those who are having difficulty to find the right words to talk to your potential client?
If you are one of them, here are some tips you can follow:
1. Learn your prospect’s business
Before meeting your prospect, it’s always good to learn a bit about his business and product since it’s the main focus you’re going to discuss about.
2. Pay attention to your body languageStand or sit straight but make sure you’re comfortably with your position. Make eye contact with your prospect when conversing.
3. Introduce yourselfOkay, this always come in handy. Say something like “Nice to meet you. My name is…” or “Hello, my name is … Is this seat taken?” They work as the ice breaker all the time.
4. Say something niceNice words are always good to hear. Something like “The weather is nice today” or “I really love your product” can be a good way to start talking.
5. Get to the pointDo not get too long with the intro chit chat. Unless your prospect is talkative, go straight to the point after that. Try something like “The reason I’m reaching out (or meet up) to you today is because I’d like to talk about your product (insert product name/brand). It’s a useful/interesting product but I’ve noticed that it is struggling with (insert challenges). Have you noticed the issue?”
You can change the words by the way. It doesn’t have to be the same.
There they are, 5 tips you can use to start a conversation with a potential client. Hope it can help you close more sales with your prospect.
Wahidin Wong is a digital marketer at Adkomu.com and an editor at Tobeeko.com. He is also a jazz and bossa lover.