Are you having too much works and on the edge of burnout? Then you need to keep on reading.
If you haven’t realized yet, being too consumed by work led to burnout, with symptoms such as:
- Emotional imbalance
- Extreme fatigue
- Low motivation
- Poor decision making
- Reduced job performance
In some cases, you would even develop a thought that you had to do everything yourself. And there’s nothing healthy about it.
So, what should you do to fix and recover from burnout? Here are some steps to follow:
- Identify the symptoms of burnout as mentioned above.
- Take some time off from work to recharge and rejuvenate.
- Assess your priorities and recognize if your job aligns with your values and goals.
- Set clear boundaries between work and personal life.
- Seek support from family, friends and colleagues.
- Communicate with your supervisor or manager and explain your concern to come out with a solution.
- Evaluate your career path and consider a change if it doesn’t align with your goals.
- Seek professional help when the burnout symptoms persis or worsen.
Focusing on work-life balance should be your priority in both preventing and recovering from burnout. When you do so, you will notice a big change in mental health, making you much happier, leading to significant improvement in creativity and productivity.
Are you having a burnout at your job? Do you have any tips to improve work-life balance? Share with us in the comments.
Wahidin Wong is a digital marketer at Adkomu.com and an editor at Tobeeko.com. He is also a jazz and bossa lover.