Self-improvement is a continuous process. The meaning itself is pretty self-explanatory, a process of personal development by improving one’s knowledge, character and status in order to achieve positive results.
Focusing on self-improvement has been proven to be life-changing. Not just psychologically, but physically as well. Have you seen a person that look so attractive and confident regardless of his/her appearance? That’s the outcome one can achieve.
Self-improvement also brings more opportunities, either in personal life, career or business, leading to success in anything you do.
So, what should you do?
Start with observing your thoughts, characters, behaviours and emotions. You will notice that there’s always a room to grow.
That’s why self-improvement is a never-ending learning process and should become an integral part of your life.
Here are 20 practical self-improvement tips you need to master to change your life.
1. Increase self-awareness and start questioning about your personal life to get to know yourself better.
2. You cannot control other people’s thoughts. What matters is how you interact with them. It’s also your choice to adapt or leave them behind and move on.
3. Cultivate self-love. Always think and focus on what matters to you. Overcome the challenge and be the best version of you. Take good care of yourself before giving it out to others.
4. There is never a perfect relationship. That’s why you need to learn about being social.
5. There is never a comfortable conversation. Don’t forget to stay calm and always communicate in a good manner.
6. Find your dreams and work on it. It won’t be easy but every dreams worth the efforts.
7. Find the inspiration that can motivate you along. They can be books, movies or success stories. Anything that inspiring is good to go.
8. Keep motivating yourself by accepting every challenges and do your best to overcome them one by one. Each stage you pass will motivate you to go higher.
9. Self-confidence is a combination of passion and competence. That’s why you should be passionate and capable on anything you do.
10. Everyone’s voice matters even though you are not the smartest person around. Be confidence to speak up whatever and whenever necessary.
11. Enhance your strength and overcome all your weakness. We are imperfect creatures. Every one of us have strength and weakness. It’s your job to build your strength and turn any weakness and fear to benefit your growth.
12. Be yourself. Keep in mind that you understand your mind and body better than anyone else. Stay conscious to present what’s good for you. It’s your very own self matter the most.
13. Stay out of the comfort zone. Though it makes you so comfortable but it denotes stagnancy. When in comfort zone, you won’t be able to try new things, unable to face your fears and take risk to challenge yourself. In the end of the day, you will never find growth.
14. Always work hard but most importantly, work smart. That’s how you take yourself to the next level.
15. 人外有人，天外有天, a Chinese proverb that literally says there are people beyond the man and there are skies beyond the sky. It means, no matter how good you are, there is always someone better than you. It teaches people to not being arrogant.
16. Use your time wisely because you cannot turn it back. Once it passes, it passes.
17. We are what our thoughts made us. So, take good care of your mindset and beware of what you think as it can create whether a worthless or a remarkable person out of you.
18. Improve your mental health by understanding your thoughts and emotions. Thus, learning to tackle and control them.
19. Stay healthy by eating nutritional foods and keep fit with routine workout. A healthy body affects your personality and increase self-confidence.
20. Sleep and rest well because every morning is not just a beginning of a new day, but also a new adventure, a new challenge and a new improvement. Your clarity and energy are your power to run the day.
The bottom line
There are a lot of resources to learn about self-improvement, from books, Youtube videos, articles on blogs, webinars or seminar to attend.
By continuously enriching yourself throughout the journey, you have taken a full responsibility for your personal development.
If you have other tips for self-improvement, let us know in the comment box below.
Wahidin Wong is a digital marketer at Adkomu.com and an editor at Tobeeko.com. He is also a jazz and bossa lover.